Okay….first of all…PLEASE, BE NICE. I’m not asking what you would change about the content of my posts, I’m asking what you would change about the format/layout/accessibility.
Roh Morgon commented on my last post that she has trouble commenting through WordPress and I so appreciate that comment because otherwise, I have no idea if you guys are experiencing problems and I want you to visit this site with ease.
A few months back I altered the original commenting system by installing Intense Debate. I’d hoped to spark discussions between blog followers and myself because I love talking to others about books, writing struggles, their progress, etc.
As far as I can tell, it really hasn’t been that great. If commenters are members of Intense Debate, it works good, but if they aren’t, it’s really no different than the original Blogger comment system.
What I need to know from you guys is this:
- Do you have trouble leaving comments? If so, what?
- Is download time for this blog slower than other blogs you frequent?
- Do you have any issues with the width of the blog? (Does any portion of the blog run off screen?)
- Do the widgets I’ve added in the sidebar allow you to navigate posts easy? If not, what problems do you have?
- Do you like the Intense Debate system or do you prefer the original Blogger system?
Now…I did tweak the width of my blog and the sidebar this morning. I’m not sure if that will help with Roh’s problem of the WordPress Login button not being visible, but we’ll see.
And…for future reference…I am working on a list of fabulous posts that I have read that will be divided into categories and linked to on the Writer Resources page. If you have any favorite posts of your own or any that you’ve added to your Favorites that you feel would be beneficial to writers, send them my way.
Also, you can like me on Facebook now. I hope some cool discussions get started there and it’s a great way to interact and meet other writers.
Thanks guys…You rock…