When Alex Bradshaw’s unscrupulous boss kicks him to the curb after 20 faithful years as an executive with the world’s largest shipping company, he sets out to reclaim his dignity and his pension. Assembling a team of fellow corporate castoffs, he sails to the Caribbean to intercept an illegal diamond shipment. None of them counted on quirky blonde stowaway Juli Flynn, who has a perplexing array of talents, a few big secrets, and an intoxicating romantic chemistry with Alex…
I started reading this book last night and COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN….and today is the first day of school for my girls in two months so that’s saying something.
I could’ve cared less that in less than three hours I’d be waking three hormonal tween/teenage girls, dealing with a new clothes, do my make-up, flat-iron my hair to death kind of morning, which has thus far gone extremely smoother than expected.
I just had to keep reading, because:
- I love the quirky character, Juli.
- The male lead, Alex, is swoon-worthy. Doubly so.
- I laughed. Out loud. A lot. This even intrigued my kids enough for them to say, “If it’s that funny, I want to read it.” And they were sincere and I of course said, “No, maybe when you’re older.”
- It has a plot. A good one. Thank God in heaven.
- There wasn’t a boring moment. Not even a sliver of a second did I think about closing this book and finishing it another day.
- It is adorable.
Tawna Fenske’s debut book Making Waves is one of the best Romantic Comedies I’ve read in a while, though I expected as much because I read her blog Don’t Pet Me, I’m Writing religiously and I couldn’t imagine her book not being a smart, funny, sexy read.
All this being said….I decided last night to give away copies of her book because I like to share fun things.
So here’s the deal:
The Prize: Three winners will receive a copy of Making Waves
Giveaway Timeframe: The entire month of August
How To Enter:
- Just comment on this post – Commenting gives you ONE point/entry. Following is not required though it will give you extra points/entries.
- Add 1 point if you go follow my blog, Twitter, or Facebook
- Add 1 point if you go follow Tawna’s blog or Twitter
- Add 2 points if you already follow me
- Add 2 points if you already follow Tawna
Winners will be announced here on September 1.
Happy Reading Everyone!!