My friends Cheryl Reif over at Cheryl’s Musings and Valerie Haight at The Write One were kind enough to award me The Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve been awarded this honor before (and it is an honor because it comes from your peers).
Since this will be my second time posting 7 Things You Might Not Know About Me, I thought I’d include my previous list.
Seven Things About Me: (From Feb. 2, 2011)
1. I am tall. Really tall. 6’1″ barefoot. Amazonian in heels.
2. I LOVE Led Zeppelin. Fool In The Rain…makes me happy. Click the video below to be happy too 😉
3. I hate ice cream.
4. I can wiggle my ears.
5. Favorite Food? It’s a tie: Chocolate glazed donut vs. Raspberry filled donut
6. My Favorite Thing To Do: Travel with the hubs and our girls.
7. I am a preacher’s kid. (And yes…I know what they say about preacher’s kids)
And now…Seven NEW Things About Me
1. My home away from home is Seattle.
2. I have a slight addiction to watches. In fact, I still have my very first one.
3. I love going to concerts with the hubs.
4. I have a secret adoration for expensive European cars. Like Bugatti and Pagani. But especially Aston Martin.
5. I also have a thing for motorcycles. I’m scared to death to ride them but if I won the lottery tomorrow, a Hyabusa and a Ducati would grace my garage.
6. I hope to one day have a Library added onto my house. God knows I’m going to need one 🙂
7. One of my favorite poems (and inspiration for the love story in my novel) comes from Rainer Maria Rilke:
“Extinguish my eyes, I’ll go on seeing you.
Seal my ears, I’ll go on hearing you.
And without feet I can make my way to you,
without a mouth I can swear your name.
Break off my arms, I’ll take hold of you
with my heart as with a hand.
Stop my heart, and my brain will start to beat.
And if you consume my brain with fire,
I’ll feel you burn in every drop of my blood.”
— Rainer Maria Rilke
These are the rules for receiving an award:
- Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award. (Done)
- Share seven things about yourself. (Check)
- Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it. (See below)
- Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award. (OMG..thank God for Twitter)
- Loree Huebner ~ Between You, Me and the Gatepost ~ An absolutely lovely lady and writer. I always feel soothed after reading her words.
- Erica Lucke Dean ~ The Daily Blog ~ One funny lady and a fabulous writer.
- Writer Cherie ~ Read. Write. Go. ~ LOVE her. Check out her Writing 101.
- Julia Monroe Martin ~ WordsXO ~ Blogging about writing from the coast of Maine. And, she’s a machine…5 completed manuscripts and many in the works 😉
- Christine Murray ~ Fabulous Young Adult Urban Fantasy and Women’s Fiction writer. She hails from Dublin…Which is close to my heart 😉